What has your journey looked like to date?
My journey has been like a bag of mixed lollies. I’ve gone from being an indoor and outdoor netball player to being a triathlete, Ironman, ultra marathoner, pole dancer and soon to be swim runner athlete. I believe our bodies are capable of some impressive shit so embrace it and challenge it…and I pretty much do that. Make the most of it😀😀
What are some goals you are working towards?
I have a number of events lined up for 2020;
- Taupo 70.3, March
- Breca Bay of Islands (swim run), April
- Taupo Ultra Marathon, October
- Iron Māori ¼, November
- Iron Māori ½, December
- 100k Ultra Marathon (October or February 21)
- Between May and October possibly some trail events
- I am also planning on performing in a couple of pole showcases during the year.
- Be able time perform a lyra hoop dance and a doubles pole dance performance end of year
Who is someone who inspires you?
My husband and whānau inspire me to keep going by their continued support on my journey. My coach and friend Ngarama is right up there on my list of inspirational people and inspires me to aim high and has provided me with a whole wealth of knowledge, skills and tools to be the best athlete I can be. I also have a whole lot of other people in my life who inspire me in so many ways there’s just way too many to name…if you can get out and be active what ever that may be then that’s inspirational to me😀👌